About Object Embassy
Object Embassy is a young and quickly growing design furniture start-up that does things differently. We have a limited number of products and we only sell online, direct to the consumer. On the one hand we are creative, hyper entrepreneurial and not afraid to experiment (and fail). On the other hand we are very much data and process driven. By doing so we can offer top quality products for an honest price to 'design lovers' all over Europe.
We are looking for a Business Development Intern in Amsterdam. Within this role, you'll be helping with the further development of our international sales and creating a plan for new channels. And since there is little fun in only creating plans, you'll also be executing the plan! Besides that you're part of the core team and be working on loads of other smaller fun (and educational) projects.
What you'll be doing
- Assess new sales channels and develop plan for approaching these channels
- Validate your plan by executing it (learning by doing!)
- Build a contact database for your new plan
- Approach the new customers
- Create and optimise commercial materials to support the execution
- General business responsibilities
Who you are
- You're social, outgoing and well spoken (both in text and speech)
- You're a driven goal getter - you like to win!
- You are enrolled in a HBO or WO education in the field of economy, business or commerce (year 2 or higher)
- You don't have a 9 - 5 mentality
- Fluent in English & Dutch (French en/or German are a plus!)
- You have a driver's license
- You have a more than average interest in (interior) design
- You're available for at least 4 months - 4 days per week
What we offer
- Opportunity to be involved and develop yourself in a quickly growing startup (and learn a gazillion things!)
- A great studio in the heart of Amsterdam South of Amsterdam - and the option to work from home.
- The opportunity to contribute your own ideas, and see the direct effect of these ideas and actions
- Work in a fun and relaxed environment, come as you are!
- The option to bring your pet to work!
- Friday afternoon drinks
- A competitive monthly compensation
- A fast, efficient and transparent application process
Are you excited after reading this and do you feel you fit the profile? Then wait no longer and apply by sending an email with your resume to Bing van der Lande firstname.lastname@example.org.