Product Development Manager Apply now
For this position you need to be already located in the Netherlands. If you are not located in the Netherlands we unfortunately cannot process your application.
About Object Embassy
Object Embassy is a young and quickly growing design furniture start-up that does things differently. We have a limited number of products and we only sell online, direct to the consumer. On the one hand we are creative, hyper entrepreneurial and not afraid to experiment (and fail). On the other hand we are very much data and process driven. By doing so we can offer top quality products for an honest price to 'design lovers' all over Europe. We pride ourselves being called a challenger of the high-end furniture industry.
Brand & Collection consultant
We are looking for a freelance Product Development Manager in Amsterdam. Within this role, you'll be responsible for the manufacturing-side of our current and new products!
What will you be doing?
- As a Product Development Manager you’re responsible for making sure our current and new design products are produced!
- You keep an eye on everything, so you are responsible for the creation and execution of the production planning to ensure products are delivered on schedule, meet the expectations and budgets. And of course, you identify and highlight potential risks and find solutions together with the suppliers
- You manage the development of new products, you source new suppliers and arrange the development/sampling process
- Every now and then you travel to our production locations (if COVID regulations permit)
- You negotiate pricing, materials and lead times with our suppliers
- Arrange and manage quality-control, sustainability & safety regulations
- Manage logistics and customs, ‘AKA the paperwork’ together with our forwarding partners
- Co-manage forecasting and warehouse management
- Help make the world a little better. Help us further reduce our footprint by e.g. new sustainable materials, design improvements, production techniques or location.
Who you are
- You're well organised, and have excellent project management skills. You hate missing deadlines
- You have an eye for detail
- Experience in Project Management or Production is a plus (even better within the furniture industry)
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Industrial design, Supply chain management or Engineering
- You’re energetic, assertive and you’re not afraid of a good argument
- You can work independently and you’re a team player and up for a drink on Friday afternoon :)
- Fluent in English (Dutch and other languages are a plus!)
- Located in the Netherlands (we cannot provide relocation or housing)
What we offer
- Make an impact! Opportunity to be at the core of one of the hottest design startups
- A great studio in the heart of Amsterdam
- Work in a fun and relaxed work environment, come as you are!
- A Swapfiets, free healthy lunch & the option to bring your pet to work
- A competitive monthly compensation
2022-03-31|||Amsterdam|||Sourcing & Production||||||2jVIbozFIYRnAoCd|||FULL_TIME|||EUR|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false